Objectives and intervention strategies:
KANAVA has long and short term activities, which is related to our past, present projects as well as future activities in Somalia. They include:-
Long term objectives
- Poverty alleviation programs through empowerment of small-scale farmers to promote the availability, stability and access to food.
- Rehabilitation of Somali youth and developing positive values and ensuring that all young Somalis have a healthy future and effective education.
- Developing vocational and skill abilities of Somali youth in various sectors to prepare professional youth leaders with high qualities and capacity of leadership.
- Illiteracy elimination through sustainable, qualitative and accessible basic education and vocational training for every gender.
- Improving public health through health awareness activities and promote mother and child care health centers and MCH’s.
- Raising community awareness and capacity building regarding to self- reliance, influencing decision making process, ownership, and democratization and strengthening civil society of all genders.
- Contributing to the overall development of the country.
Short term objectives:-
- Support children from marginalized group’s right to basic education and vocational training.
- Establishing long live training and supporting vocational skills.
- Empowering youth and women through capacity building, skill training and financial support for small business.
- Increase women participation in the society.
- Support peace building and reconciliation activities through education( drama, sports, songs and poetry)